Mark’s area of expertise centers on municipal law, land issues and commercial real estate developments. He has, since 1991, represented numerous cities, villages and towns. Mark currently serves as in-house counsel for the City of Fitchburg. He also has personal business experience, having been an owner of a small business and serving as vice president of a multi-state health care agency.
His real estate practice includes commercial developments, tax incremental financing, and condominiums. In land use matters Mark has experience in siting wind energy systems and an ethanol plant. In addition, his experience includes municipal waste water treatment facilities and land use litigation.
Mark represents cities, villages, towns, developers and individuals in municipal, land use and real estate matters. Former and current municipal clients include City of Fitchburg, City of Delafield, City of Stoughton, City of Cudahy, Village of Merrimac, Village of Oregon, Village of Rockdale, Town of Lake Mills, Town of Perry, Town of Deerfield, Town of Dodgeville and Town of Oakland Sanitary District.
- Representation of cities and villages in Jefferson, Waukesha, Dane, Sauk and Milwaukee counties.
- Acted as Interim City Administrator for the City of Fitchburg.
- Creation of Smart Code Zoning District for the City of Fitchburg.
- Creation of tax incremental districts.
- Negotiation of complex development agreements.
- Siting wind turbine facilities in Dodge and Fond du Lac counties.
- Siting of an ethanol plant in Lafayette County.
- Obtaining bridge permits in Lincoln and Oneida counties.
- Creation of residential and commercial condominiums.
- Sales of shopping centers.
- Land use litigation on behalf of land owners in Door and Winnebago counties.
- Land use litigation on behalf of a town regarding an historic church in Dane County.
- Representation of land owners regarding spreading of industrial waste in Rock County.
- Representation of outdoor sign companies.
- Eminent domain litigation.
- "Land Use and Zoning Issues"
- "Issues in Rural Development"
- "Easements and Other Property Rights"
- "Representing the Farmer in Development of Ag Land"
- "Project Siting 101: Obtaining Approval for Your Controversial Development Project "
- “Siting Wind Energy Facilities in Rural Areas”